Motorola phone appears in China – could be the DROID Blade
What we have here is a new Motorola phone that for now is a complete mystery. We’ve seen multiple Motorola phones head to Chinese markets only so chances are this could be a China exclusive. From what we are gathering this could be the rumored Motorola DROID Fighter from previous reports, although Fighter leaks had a more RAZR styling, or a new phone possible called the DROID Blade.
The design and curves are similar to the RAZR although the top has a redesigned style – possible for a DROID X3. According to some comments by PhoneHK the phone will be called the Motorola Blade. That surely goes right along with Motorola’s recent naming scheme with the RAZR, so it makes sense. With the larger bezel and chin below we are assuming this has soft keys, but there is no way to tell if it will come with Gingerbread or Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich at this point.
The phone goes back to the large hump on back leading us to think it has a 13 megapixel camera like other Motorola leaks from China in the past, but it does also appear to be slightly thicker than the RAZR so this could also come with a large MAXX-style battery. The Kevlar coating on the rear that we are starting to get used to appears to go from edge-to-edge here instead of being wrapped in an aluminum bezel like the DROID RAZR. This could be a brand new phone coming soon, a device solely for the Chinese markets, or something else. We’ll continue digging for information and update once we hear or see more.
- Motorola RAZR (or DROID X3) spotted in China with 720p display and 13MP camera on Nov 14th 2011
- Motorola offers bootloader-unlocked RAZR XT910 Developer Edition on Jan 30th 2012
- Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Review on Feb 1st 2012
- Verizon’s DROID Fighter leaked for April 12th release date on Mar 6th 2012
- Motorola DROID Fighter spotted, looks awfully familiar on Mar 19th 2012
- Motorola RAZR MAXX variant shows up in China on Mar 26th 2012